Wills and Estates
We consider your will to be one of the most important and vital documents which you will ever sign. Making the best provision for your family or your business now and in the future requires careful financial planning. Through our experienced will drafting team, we advise you on how best to achieve your aims and provide for after you are gone. We give advice in relation to both legal and tax matters affecting trusts and estates so that you can continue helping your loved ones even after your death.
We have highly experienced solicitors who act in the administration of completed wills. By applying a high level of attention to detail regarding the goals and needs that you have for your family, we are able to help protect your property and your assets. We have identified that speed is the number one requirement for clients in the administration of an estate. With this in mind we have streamlined our procedures to ensure that all steps in the transaction occur without delay and the client remains informed every step of the way. Clarke Jeffers also advise on Powers of Attorney. These are sometimes described as “living Wills”. They provide power to someone else to conduct your affairs in the event that you are unable to, for example, if you were in an accident and rendered unable to communicate, or in a coma. This power means that your affairs can still be managed on your behalf.
Neither a will nor a power of Attorney should be seen as a morbid document. Both provide peace of mind and strong protection for your family’s future. Further to this, Clarke Jeffers have agreed to donate 100% of their fees (excluding VAT) to the charity Barnardos for the drafting and completion of Wills for 2013.
Specialist areas include:
- Drafting of Wills and Codicils
- Tax Planning (to include Capital Acquisitions Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Stamp Duty, Probate Tax (where applicable), Discretionary trust tax)
- Succession Law and Estate Planning
- Extraction of Grants of Probate and Grants of Administration
- Appointment of new Trustees
- Creation of Settlement and Trusts
- Variation of Trusts
- Sales of Property under Probate
- Probate Disputes
- General advice in relation to benefits and gifts under wills to all parties
- Wills and capacity challenges
Probate and Administration of Estates – Useful Links:
Probate Office – Court Services