Inward Investment (FDI)
For a small country, Ireland punches well above its own weight in terms of attracting foreign business to establish its operations here. But there are good reasons for this including:
- Irelands Corporation tax rate (CT on trading profit is at 12.5%) and is one of the more competitive rates.
- We are now (post Brexit) the only native English speaking country in the EU.
- Provision of a specific tax credit for research and Development.
- taxation treaties with 72 Countries.
- Common Law Jurisdiction.
- Fair and balanced employment Laws.
- Tax relief on assignment of staff from abroad.
- Advanced Dispute Resolution (Established and specialised fast track Commercial Court)
- Availability of skilled labour.
- Ranked 1st globally for investment incentives.
Like all investment, knowing the laws and tax regime is not enough. Having an understanding of both the market and culture is integral. Clarke Jeffers are based in both Dublin and Carlow and posses a deep understanding of the issues faced by companies locating for the first time in Ireland. We have worked with locating companies from Europe, China, the USA, Argentina, Russia and Australia over the past 20 years.
In a Covid world, where remote working is encouraged there is no longer a need for companies to locate in large urban hubs such as Dublin. Better infrastructure and communications now mean that the whole country has opened up. Having an office outside of Dublin puts our Firm in a prime position to best serve these modern companies and provide them with the most relevant advices.
“Benjamin Franklin once said that an investment in knowledge pays the best interest. We combine our skill, 80 years of experience and knowledge to ensure our clients obtain more than just a friendly face. They obtain real competitive edge”
-Victor Clarke, Managing Partner.
We advise clients in the following areas: